Sunday, February 20, 2011

It all makes sense now!

Well not everything but one thing that I always wondered makes complete sense to me now. I always wondered why even partially clothed women in Ethiopian tribes always had their breasts exposed. Well now that I'm the mother of a nursing toddler I completely understand! Easy access!!!
I'm not one to complain about breastfeeding, put my daughter on a feeding schedule, or restrict her feedings but lately I've just been feeling like --if I have to pull my shirt/shirts and bra up/down and pull my boob out one more time JUST to stuff my ginormous boob back in my bra, put it back nicely in it's place, readjust my bra and shirt/shirts only to have her frantically and urgently sign "milk" in my face while kicking and whining two minutes later and repeat the process all throughout the day, I'm gonna lose it! Why even bother wearing a shirt? Why don't I just walk around shirtless so you can snack all day long? Would that please you Ms. Juliette? You do realize I'm a human being with feelings and not just a milk machine right?? haha! I don't know what is up with her lately.. Growth spurt? Teething?? I offer her water and coconut milk throughout the day too. She just loves her boob juice and thats ok with me! I just wish I didn't have to wear a shirt or a bra ;) The Ethiopians are smart people!
Anyone know what I'm talking about or is it just me??

6 comments:

  1. the only reason I want to wear a bra some days is to keep my milk from dripping everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days I just 'moooooo' at peanut! I especially love when she pulls my boob out as soon as I walk in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason I wear a shirt is because it's winter in new england!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lived in nursing tank tops for the past 10 months for this reason! My poor husband is probably soooo insanely sick of seeing me in one. :) Even when we go out, I just usually throw a cardigan on over one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear nursing tanks a lot too but they give me the ugly uni-boob! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL! I love this post! I'm your newest follower. Liked you on FB through Code Name: Mama's March of Kindness and LOVE your posts! I'm signing up for emails right now. Stop by my little corner of blogdom when you gat a chance: http://mccrenshaw.blogspot.com

    We have a LOT in common, from what I've read on your About Me section.
    (BTW - I absolutely love your breastfeeding at the beach pic!)

    ReplyDelete