Monday, February 7, 2011

Toddler eating habits-nugget recipe

Juliette eating (all organic) black beans, goat cheese, blueberries, & avocado for lunch.

Lately, a lot of people have been commenting on what a good eater Juliette is and how picky their toddlers are and I feel lucky. Although I know that could change tomorrow. She actually loves to eat healthy foods. She would much rather eat any green veggie over an animal cracker or an oatmeal cookie.

I found a recipe for broccoli and cheese nuggets on wholesomebabyfood.com once and ever since I have been using it to make all different kinds of nuggets. I've made broccoli, spinach, and cheese nuggets, salmon, potato, cheese, peas, & carrots nuggets, haddock, sweet potato, and spinach nuggets, you get the hint... I always add some molasses for extra iron and flax seeds for fiber and omegas. Then I freeze them in a freezer bag and reheat in the oven or toaster oven as needed (you can also use a microwave if you chose to). Juliette loves them.
Just thought I'd share!
-Not So Average, Hippie Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm totally going to try the nugget recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, don't know if you have done any research or not, but don't microwave anything. It kills everything in your food. But the recipe sounds delish, and I am sure my kiddos will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't microwave any of her food. Some of mine I do though :/ it's just SO convenient! ugh!

    ReplyDelete