Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We made the cheap and easy switch to unpaper towels!


Finally! I cloth diaper, use cloth wipes and I've been wanting to un papertowel for a long time now especially since reading this informative blog post from Job Description: Mommy.
I have to say I can't believe how cheap and easy it is! At Walmart I got about 3 packs of 6 microfiber "bar mops" for about $3.00-4.00 per pack and one pack of 18 cotton wash cloths for $3.00!! Plus the 3 bins that you see in the picture for about $3-4 for the 3 pack! I keep the microfiber ones on the left, the cotton ones in the middle, and the dirty ones on the right. Then I just throw the dirty ones in with the diry towels or other dirty laundry. Easy peasy & MUCH greener! :)
So if you want to help keep 3,000 tons of paper towels PER DAY out of landfills, you should try it and let me know if you do! Blog about it or at least post on your facebook about it to try to get others to try it too!

3 comments:

  1. I think we should try it too. We use a lot of papertowels and they are so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! We're able to burn a lot of ours now in the fire place, but soon that won't be an option. I like that I wouldn't have to sew these! lol I'm discovering more and more that sitting at that machine is more of a chore than an enjoyable, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reuse all the paper towels that aren't filthy, but this is even better!!! Thanks for posting. We'll be doing this soon, for sure!

    ReplyDelete