Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bird feeders/easy kids crafts!

I love doing crafts. Juliette is a little too young to participate most of the time but I still let her watch and learn and try a little and my 3 1/2 year old niece loves crafts so do them as much as possible whenever ideas or read about them online. Today we did pipe cleaner bird feeders!
Just make a loop at the bottom, string some cereal on it, and hang it!

A few weeks ago we made pine cone bird feeders:
Just tie ribbon, yarn or string to a pin cone, dip it in melted peanut butter (crunchy or regular), then roll it in wild bird seed and hang it outside!

Speaking of birds, I'm going to be saving all my dryer lint from now on for the birds to use in their nests! I'll probably just put it outside or hang it up somewhere for them to find! I read about it here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. I completely forgot about making pinecone bird feeders! That's going to be out next big project.

    Oh, and please stop by my blog. I have an award for you: http://mccrenshaw.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-stylish-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete