Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Instinctual Mamas "club"

Back in my childhood and school days, I never really felt like I belonged in any particular clique. I had friends from just about every clique but never felt "at home" in any certain group. I wasn't into sports, I wasn't into music, I didn't really have any hobbies (except your occasional pog and slammer collection or rubber bracelet all-the-way-up-my-arms collection~don't judge me!) ;) I never felt passion for anything in life until I became a Mom. Once I had my daughter I felt complete, I felt like I was put on this earth to be her Mom and I felt whole. Then I started parenting differently than my other Mommy friends and I started getting that feeling again, that feeling that I was alone and no one understood me or why I do things the way that I do. I felt like I had no one I could relate to. Until I started making online Mommy friends who have the same parenting style as I do. I love all of my Instinctual Mamas/AP Mamas. Don't get me wrong, I have some old friends who I love dearly and keep in touch with. I just love having my own little clique :) We often talk about starting our own little island or village and we are totally serious. Someone just needs to win the lottery and make it happen! With all of this kindess around me with Code Name: Mamas March of kindess, I just wanted to tell all of you Instinctual Mamas how much I love you and appreciate you guys and I finally feel like I belong somewhere! You all make me feel so welcome! Thank you! Thats my random act of kindness for today :)

8 comments:

  1. Cassie, you are an excellent mom, wife, and friend. You give all of yourself passionately and for that I am grateful to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 you to, once someone wins the lottery I am so there hehe
    I know what you mean too, I felt that way in high school and I felt it again when I started veerying off fromt he "norm" and some mommy "friends" began to slowly withdraw away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really sweet and I appreciate it!
    I just love that picture in your header of you and your little one in the water... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You're so right about going through life feeling like you see things differently from everyone else. Being a mom was my calling too and choosing AP parenting can sometimes leave you on the outskirts, but at least there is a strong support group online for AP/Instinctual moms! Keep doing what you do! =)

    http://www.biculturalmom.com/2011/02/19/parenting-con-la-alma-indigena/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... I love this! Thank you! I'm so glad to have found all of you Instinctual Mamas and Natural Parenting supporters too! I don't have any friends nearby who parent the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this entry! I kind of felt the same way in highschool.. I mean don't get me wrong, I had lots of friends, but I just never really felt passionate about anything. I was always wondering why I didn't have any hobbies, or passions.. I now know, it's because my passions were waiting for me to become a Mommy and discover them.. I have grown to feel very strongly about breast feeding, babies, adoption, co-sleeping, and attachment parenting. Along with a few others. I to feel like some people around me think I'm crazy, or extreme, but in reality they are the crazy ones:)!! Anyway, so glad to have met you, informally, and you have a beautiful family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spreading the love! I think we'll need a world of networked communes because I totally want one with all my irl and online crunchy mama friends, too. As you say, as soon as we win the lottery...

    Happy MOKing!

    ReplyDelete